Lowering costs using technology
- Furnace technology
- Shorter residence time within the furnace decreases waste from oxidation called mill scale.
- Large 12-meter billet reheat capability reduces waste from cropping the ends of a bar in progress.
- Automated temperature controls ensure proper heating and reduce the probability of mis-rolls.
- Rolling mill technology
- Straight line configuration reduces the probability of mis-rolls.
- Automation and independent drives allows high speed production with minimal mis-rolls.
- Finishing mill and braking systems for longer cooling beds that reduce waste from bar ends.
Minimizing energy use
- Minimizing fuel consumption
- Automated fuel-air controls maximizes heat yielded from fuel
- High speed machinery, Process Logic Control (PLC) driven motors ensure fewer mis-rolls and fuel wastage.
- Direct hot charging of billets shortens reheat time saving up to 40% in fuel.
- Minimizing power consumption
- AC motors are more energy efficient
- High speed machinery, Process Logic Control (PLC) driven motors ensure fewer mis-rolls and power wastage.
- Independent drives for each stand creates optimum power usage.
- Cut and bend technologies saves money for customers by eliminating cutting and error wastage, double-handling, storage and other site costs.
- Mechanical couplers and rebar threading is a cheaper and more effective option to lap splicing as it removes the wastage of having a lap and the cost of tie wire.